Monday, May 12, 2014



Most kids want to be big and stronger, than the rest of their friends. For some kids this wish becomes reality, but no from a cost that could affect the child’s childhood and adulthood.  Elizabeth Braw writes about the early puberty in boys and girls in her article “7 year-old girls with Breasts”. Braw writes that nobody can explain for sure why children are entering puberty earlier, and obesity is blamed for girls’ early puberty as large amount of body fat triggers breast growth, I think it is no how much we eat but what we eat.
      
Nobody eats like the Americans. I was raised in a small town in Mexico where most people eat what they growth in their fields and animals they raise. Everything is growth just how nature tend to do it. I came to America when I was 15 and when I started going to the parks to play with others kids my same age, I notice that almost all the kids were bigger than me.

Obesity caused by what we eat more than how much we eat. Every time i go to the supermarket I see really big fruits and vegetables. Strawberries almost the size of apples, and I also see the organic products which are expensive and smaller in size, but they are grow without any chemicals  that would make the vegetable and fruit grow bigger and faster. the farmers do the same thing with the animals. The cows grow faster and fatter and also produce more milk and the same with the chicken, more eggs and more meat. I think all those products we consume have an effect on us. I think all those chemicals that are given to the animals, fruit and vegetables are transmit in to our bodies when we eat them. After eating these products for years and generations, cause us to hit puberty at early age and problems with obesity which can fallow us in to adulthood and created health problems at early age too.

Most of us do not feel good when people think we looked older than we actually are. When  i came to this country I had a 2 years old brother and my brother’s growing was different form my. His puberty came at early age, there was a point in time were we looked almost the same age, even though I’m 8 years older than him. Our diet was different at the time we were growing. I ate what we grew in the fields and animals my family raise in our house. My brother eta more fast food than i ate at his age. Both of my parents worked, and a lot of times they would just bring Mcdonal's, which was my brother's favorite food. I think my brother hit puberty at early age because of all the products he ate, specially fast food which no nutritionist recommends  to eat. lucky for my brother he has no obesity problems but at his 19s years he looks like in his med's 20s. which he really does not like.

 i think all the chemicals that help the vegetables, fruits and animals to grow faster and bigger have a effect on kids, making us hit puberty at early age.    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment